As part of our commitment to Safeguarding, Garda Vetting is mandatory for all volunteers & employees before they commence working with children & teens under the age of 18 years of age, or vulnerable adults.
Garda Vetting is processed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Ireland on behalf of each local church. The process is the same whether you are are a prospective employee or volunteer and is outlined below in diagrammatic form.
What Do I Need to Do to be Vetted?
You will need to complete one or both of the following forms:
- Download and fill in the Inviter Form, GV1
- If you are 16 or 17 years of age – you will also need to get the Parental / Legal Guardian Consent Form, GV2 completed by the correct person. If you are 18+ you do not need to worry about this form.
You will also need to gather two pieces of ID as follows:
- Photographic ID – a copy of your passport OR your driver’s license;
- Proof of current address – a bank statement or utility bill or mobile phone bill that is less than 3 months old.
Once you have the form(s) completed and have gathered you ID you need to send / give them to the Disclosure Clerk, Betty Sisson.
How Do I Return the Necessary Documentation To The Disclosure Clerk?
You can return the documents to the Disclosure Clerk in one of two ways:
- Paper format – printed and filled in forms plus photocopies of your two pieces of ID;
- Electronically – take a picture/scan your filled in forms plus pictures/scanned copies of your two pieces of ID.
If you do not belong to Ranelagh Church but are from another Seventh-day Adventist Church in Ireland please email for details of your local Disclosure Clerk.
How Long Will It Take For Me To Be Vetted?
This is dependent upon a number of factors including:
- how accurately and quickly you fill out the forms and return them to the church Disclosure Clerk; and
- how long it takes you to respond to and fill in the An Garda Siochana e-vetting application form.
An Garda Sionchana usually processes the applications within 4 weeks, but under certain circumstances it may take longer.
Anything Else I need to Remember?
Once the Disclosure Clerk has processed these initial forms you will receive, by email, an invitation from An Garda Siochana to fill out on online e-vetting form. This is the final form that you will need to fill out. Please check to make sure this form hasn’t gone into your spam / trash email folder.
What if I don’t have the ID listed above?
If you do not have all of the above pieces of identification, please contact the Disclosure Clerk for alternative ID which may be accepted.
Adventists across Ireland
If you do not belong to Ranelagh Church but are from another Seventh-day Adventist Church in Ireland please contact us for details of your local Disclosure Clerk.
Inviter Form (GV1)
Download this form when you need to apply to be vetted.
Parental Consent Form (GV2)
Download this form when the person applying to be vetted is under 18 years old. This form will need to be filled in by the parent / legal guardian of the person.
Verification of Identity Form (GV3)
This form is for the Disclosure Clerk to verify the identity of an applicant.